GPS Fleet tracking systems are a worthwhile investment for many companies, large and small. Most users see a positive ROI in less than 90 days. Here’s a few reasons why:
1. A fleet tracking system can drastically improve customer service. You can impress your customers by giving them precise arrival or delivery times, based upon the actual location of your vehicles at the moment they call. You can respond quicker to last minute customer requests because the system is able to quickly locate and notify the driver that is closest to the client.
2. Employee productivity is often improved because managers are able to document long lunch hours, monitor unauthorized breaks, prevent employee overtime and maintain electronic driver records to prevent vehicle usage after hours or on weekends. Many business cut overtime costs immediately.
3. A GPS fleet tracking system can drastically reduce fuel costs. It helps keeps vehicle fuel costs low by reducing excessive vehicle idling, speeding, and better routing.
4. Quickly resolve customer disputes. Your fleet tracking system can tell you the exact time and date each employee reached each and every customer. If a customer questions when your employee arrived or left, you’ll have the accurate GPS data prove it to them.
5. Most insurance providers offer discounts of up to 30% for vehicles installed with a fleet tracking system because they are considered a lower risk.
6. Many users like the automatic mileage reminder to reduce downtime and enhances vehicle resale values by encouraging scheduled, preventative maintenance. GPS tracking systems can remind you when it’s time to rotate tires, change oil or perform other scheduled maintenance. Conversely, a fleet tracking system also can tell you if a vehicle is not actually in need of scheduled service which helps keep maintenance costs under control.