By researching a wide variety of meal delivery service reviews, we found that the reviews tend to reflect an overall positive customer experience. Here are are some of the most common reasons why consumers love meal delivery services as well as some of the most common complaints.
The main reasons consumers love meal delivery services:
1. Easy instructions or food is already prepared
2. Good priced organic selections
3. Different dietary options
4. Sustainability of packages
5. Partnered with a well-known local chef
6. Customization options (substitute or leave-out)
7. Good portions with very little excess remaining
8. Variety of weekly meal plan and size options
9. Locally produced fresh food
10. Easy delivery
Additionally, customers loved simple, yet creative meal options as well as the reusable bags used for ingredients. Many loved the ability to even order meals with wine! Many raved that some services include cooking instructions on a durable card ready for reuse and are easy to find online. Also, customers find it very useful to see accurate calorie counts and like having the ability to preview meals up to 2 months in advance. Some of the requests included the convenience of heat and serve food, referral bonuses or savings, free shipping, and last but not least having the option for one-time delivery or subscriptions.
What are the top complaints from customers?
1. Minimum orders serve 2 people
2. Lack of variety in meal options (i.e. gluten-free or vegan)
3. Smaller portions than expected
5. Delivery time is off
6. Customer service problems
7. Excessive packaging
8. Multiple cooking techniques (i.e. roasting and searing)
9. No food labels
10. Not enough nutritional facts
Don’t leave your customers unsatisfied, solve some of these concerns with Goose, the revolutionary route optimization app. With Goose, businesses can reduce missed deliveries, meet delivery windows, increase sustainability, and keep customers happy with ETA alerts.